Home > What People Are Saying
What People Are Saying
- Lisa Nicholson, Sixth grade teacher and parent, LaGrande School District
- The site puts a lot of information for concerned parents right at their fingertips—it's also perfect for people thinking of moving to the area.
- Otto Schell, Oregon PTA Legislative Director
- Open Books makes explaining issues facing Oregon schools easier. As a parent and advocate for schools in Oregon, I am delighted to be able to show parents and office holders the facts about our schools, where the money comes from and what each district provides for their students.
- Sandy Bell, President-elect Oregon PTA
- Open Books is a comprehensive and reliable source for important information on Oregon's schools. Parents need this kind of information so that they can be effective advocates for their children and public schools. I encourage parents to check out this site and to keep going back.
- Ryan Kinnett, Roberts High School science teacher and Crystal Apple winner, Salem-Keizer SD
- I was very impressed with the simplicity and functionality. The information was very understandable. I had an easy time viewing data from multiple perspectives. Open Books clearly explains its purpose and how the data connects with ODE and other sources of information.
- Perry Stokes, Baker County Library District Director
- I value pragmatism, efficiency, collaboration, and quality results. And so does the Chalkboard Project. It wants to make schools, teachers, and students better through bold, evidence-based projects and grassroots mobilization—Open Books is a great example.
- David Dahle, Sherwood parent
- As a video producer, my passion is to share stories about education -- but as a parent, I care about my child's education and how my money is being spent. Open Books gives me a perfect tool to stay informed. It's fast, easy and I can make instant comparisons.